Sunday, April 14, 2013

Ordering On The Backs of Dragons

First off, if you are considering ordering my book - thank you! It is something that I have really enjoyed writing, and I really hope that you will enjoy reading it. I'm very new to the whole publishing thing, so we will be gradually rolling it out to different platforms, but in short order, there will be a few options if you would like to order it.

The easiest and best option: Amazon. If you are old school like me and would like a paperback, it will be available there in a couple of days (I hope Tuesday). Or if you're in this century (I am not) and want it for your Kindle, we've got you covered there, too. I anticipate that these options should be available on Tuesday, but there may be a lag time, especially on the Kindle version. (I would really recommend buying it on both, that way you are protected from power outages and so forth. It just makes sense... ;) )  I believe it will be $14.99 on Amazon and Kindle will likely be $4.99.

The one that will earn me the most money: the CreateSpace site. CreateSpace is a division of Amazon that is setup to help people who would rather self-publish than go through the publishing rat race. They also provide authors more generous royalty rates when it is ordered through the site, but that is because they charge you the list price AND for shipping. Look, I'm just happy you're interested in my book - Amazon is the better deal and if you're enrolled in Prime or purchase over $25, you get free shipping, too. So for a plain hard copy, that is the way to go. But if you've got a few extra bucks laying around, by all means go with CreateSpace... ;)

The others: Still working on Barnes and Nobles (online), Apple, SmashWords, etc.

Signed copies: Shockingly, a few people have inquired about getting a signed copy. Hey, if you want to pretend along with me that I am an author, that's fine by me! In this case, I am going to order a bunch of copies to have on hand, and if you would like one signed, I can mail it to you or we can work out another arrangement. I will have exact pricing shortly, but the goal would be to keep it around the list price with shipping, and if I get it you another way, then it would of course be even cheaper. There certainly won't be a charge for my signature - once you see the scrawl I call a signature, you'll clearly understand why! :)

I do plan on placing my first order of copies on Tuesday, April 16th, so if you would like to get in on the first printing, send $15 through Paypal to jeremymorong@yahoo.com before then and that will cover the shipping costs and book price. If you do not want me to inscribe the book to you, or if you would like me to inscribe it to someone else, please let me know in the description on Paypal, or e-mail me as well and I'll make it happen. All orders should be mailed out by April 22nd.

As far as sampling before you buy, I have posted Chapter One here (I apologize for the lousy format, it is hard to convert to a decent reading style on a blog) and I will have more shortly. Amazon does allow for previews inside, but it can take up to six weeks for those to become active so bear with me on that one. I'd love to e-mail you a sample in Word if you'd like something before then, which would be in book format.

Thanks so much for your interest, and wish me luck in my self-publishing adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment